The world's smallest programmable robot !
Ozobot is one of the smallest programmable robots in the world, measuring 2.54 cm in diameter and height but equipped with a powerful brain. It is a great tool to teach the basics of programming in a fun and interactive way for children from 6 years old.
For younger children, it is programmed by inserting coloured areas, the Ozocodes, using markers on the trajectory. And for the older ones, Ozobot is programmed with Ozoblockly (similar to Scratch or Blockly Games).
Characteristics of the Ozobot robot
Imagine a learning toy that opens the doors to computer science, STEM education, robotics and programming. Ozobot is a new generation educational robot full of surprises!
- Tiny and ultra-powerful: Ozobot is one of the smallest intelligent toy robots in the world.
- Motherboard: The motherboard houses Ozobot's brain (microcontroller) and most of the auxiliary circuits that control Ozobot.
- Friction drive: 2 micro motors and a friction transmission provide smooth and precise movements at speeds ranging from 15 to 85 mm / sec (0.6 - 3.4 inches / sec).
- Line tracking: Otto sensors allow Ozobot to move along a line and detect different color codes. They are also used for light communication. No need for cables or Bluetooth - you can load your programs on the robot through flashing lights!
- Li-Po Battery: Li-Po Battery provides fast charging via a micro-USB port and offers more than one hour of continuous action on a single charge.
- Programming with colours: From colour markers, experience a fun and captivating experience through drawing, problem solving and group challenges. Learn more about OzoCodes
- Graphics software: OzoBlockly is a visual block-based editor. Switch from Novice to Master mode in a few steps. Learn more about OzoBlockly
Create adventures and games for Ozobot
- Start by learning the Ozobot color language simply by drawing labyrinths, paths, intersections and creating entire worlds to explore enigmatic playgrounds, fast tracks and complex labyrinths. Drawing Games.
- Print and play: It's easy to download and play our printable games. With different races, mazes, and games of chance, you will quickly be inspired to create your own games. Print Games
- Tap Play: You can even play interactive games with Ozobot in your tablet's web browser. Web Games
Ozobot Ipad, Iphone and Android application
The Ozobot application includes three games: OzoDraw, OzoLuck and OzoPath. Whether you draw digital mazes with color codes, play a game of chance or solve puzzle challenges, the Ozobot application will challenge you for many hours of fun! Tablet 9' or more are recommended. Compatible with some Android and iOS devices.
FAQ Ozobot : http://ozobot.com/support/faq